Google Chrome is a kind of a browser developed for by Google and later available for Android and iOS platforms as well. This browser is one of the most faster, efficient, and reliable web browsers in the market. The one basic inbuilt feature of a browser is to block annoying and distracting pop-up ads on a website. This feature improves the user browsing experience.
Block Pop Up Ads On Chrome Browser
But sometimes users encounter a problem with Google Chrome pop-ups which occurs when it’s pop blocker is somehow disabled. If you have come across such a situation and looking for a solution, this article is for you.
Here we are going to discuss how to overcome this situation of pop-ups plaguing the browser and also some other tricks for getting the best out of Chrome. So let’s get started…
Method to block pop-ups from Google Chrome
Here are the steps as given below to block the pop-ups from Google Chrome:
Step 1: First of all open Google Chrome.
Step 2: Now simply navigate to Settings & more
Step 3: Search for “Block” and then go to Site Settings.
Step 5: Go to Pop-ups and redirects and turn Block pop-ups on.
Step 6: Voila your pop-ups will be blocked.
How to know if your Google Chrome is infected with adware?
Adware is a kind of program that is when installing on your computer causes unwanted pop-ups to occur while browsing the internet. They are mainly aimed at forcing you to install additional suspicious content from the browser that may cause considerable harm to your device. So we will learn how to detect and rectify the adware.
Here’s how you can detect whether your Google Chrome is infected of adware:
- The home page of the browser looks different without any change caused by you.
- The ads on the website occur frequently and the places where they shouldn’t exist.
- Weblinks redirect you to the places that are unexpected and undesired.
- Various browser pop-ups are appearing that are suggesting you update other Software that is totally fake.
- Various other unwanted programs may also get installed without your knowledge.
Possible harms of adware
Adwares cause various harms to a device and some of the possible harms of adware are as under:
- The device may work slow and cause lots of hindrance in its functionality.
- Unwanted programs may get installed that can cause considerable harm of a device and it’s data security.
- It can slow down the internet connection and downloading speed as well.
- Advertising and pop-ups may distract you a lot and ruins your browsing experience.
- Programming flaws that exist in adware could make a computer unstable.
How to prevent the browser from being infected from adware?
There are some tips that you can follow in order to prevent your Google Chrome from being infected with harmful adware.
- Use a good antivirus that will scan every browsing session and prevent your browser from any harmful adware infection.
- Uninstall any unwanted or suspicious programs that you see installed on your device. You can uninstall the program from the “control panel” using “uninstall the program”.
- Reset the browser settings to their original defaults. Follow these steps for the same.
Go to Settings and find advanced options. After getting the advanced options, click “Reset” and your browser settings would be reset to the default.
How to close a pop-up window if Google Chrome isn’t responding?
Sometimes it becomes quite difficult to close a pop-up window, especially when the browser isn’t responding for any reason. In such a situation, follow the instructions as mentioned below to close the pop-ups on Google Chrome:
Step 1: Right-click on Start
Step 2: Tap on Task Manager
Step 3: Make sure the browser is closed and then close the Task Manager
Step 4: Once your browser is closed, reopen the browser and your issue would have been resolved for sure.
How to keep the browser ads and pop-ups in check?
If you want to keep a check on browser ads & pop-ups, then here are some useful tips for you. Considering the harm of adware it is quite crucial to timely detect and block them.
Approach 1: Use Malwarebytes
- Download Malwarebytes from the internet.
- Double click on the executable file and install it.
- Once it is installed successfully, launch the software tap on Scan Now.
- After the scan is completed, click on Quarantine selected.
- Now reboot your system and you are good to go.
Approach 2: Use Hitman Pro
- Download Hitman Pro from the internet.
- Double click on the executable file and follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
- Once it is installed successfully, launch Hitman Pro.
- Click Next to start the scanning.
- Let it scan the device completely, click Next and then click Activate free license.
- Once the entire process is finished, close it and it is ready to be used.
Approach 3: Use Zemana antimalware
- Download Zemana antimalware.
- Once downloaded, double click on the exe file then follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
- When it is installed, launch it.
- Tap Scan Now.
- Let the Zemana antimalware scan your device.
- After the scanning is completed, click on Apply Action
- Reboot your computer and you are good to go.
Choose your favourite protection tool. Also, scan your website before browsing it. If you need any help then comment below.