DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION bluescreen of death error is a complete problem for users with Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 8. Whilst the notification about the screen moves, your computer will restart in 5 seconds. But when this problem keeps happening, and that you are really tired of observing the incidence of thing ever again, here are a few solutions that you got to own a try. Here in this article, we are going to share some best and simple ways to fix DPC Watchdog Violation error in Windows 10.
If you’re using Windows computer, especially Windows 8 / 8.1 and Windows 10, you could find out about the DPC Watchdog Violation error because it has been getting one of the most frequent problems within the Windows platform. Many users are searching for DPC Watchdog Violation Blue Screen of Death solutions so we have decided to make this guide for you.
If this DPC Watchdog Violation Win 10 error is happening in your Windows computer, you’re not alone since I’ve received many reports from customers who experienced this issue before. What exactly the DPC Watchdog Violation error is and just how to fix this frustrating problem?
What is DPC Watchdog Violation Error?
DPC Watchdog Abuse (error code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation) is a popular situation in the Windows operating system. It’s occurred due to some specific factors, like unsupported SSD firmware, aged SSD driver model, hardware incompatibility problems, or system files are damaged. By that, if you are using an SSD on your Windows computer, the very first thing you have to check could be the firmware version of the SSD and be sure it’s current.
Broadly speaking, windows user face DPC watchdog violation error problems on a boot of the Windows 10. It is required to fix this issue. Below are some working instructions to fix this issue.
Computer drivers are outdated
Have you tried to upgrade them ever since they’ve been installed there? In actuality, in daily use, the associated watchdog problems are possible to be due to outdated computer drivers.
Also Check: uninstall Avast SafeZone Browser
Furthermore, to fix incompatible hardware issues, remove any hardware out of your computer that you believe they are the problems, particularly any new equipment that you have recently blocked on the computer, and then later, this error appears. The most obvious and common purpose might be your SSD drive with previous firmware that’s not supported by your Windows. Outdated drivers of the hardware components may also cause BSOD to surprise you any moment.
Also Read: Fix System Service Exception Windows 10
Some users also reported that when they rocked within their headphones, the blue screen appeared with DPC Watchdog Violation Blue Screen of Death error. This occurred mainly because their sound card travel doesn’t help their Windows version. Another explanation may be these software installations that directly affect the system’s software. They usually lead to damaged program file as well as the blue screen problem appears. Check below solutions to fix DPC Watchdog Violation Windows 10 error.
Method 1: Turn off fast startup
- Navigate to Start button > Control Panel (View by Small icons) > Power Options.
- On the left side of the pane, select Choose what the power button does.
- Then Select Change settings that are currently unavailable.
- Scroll down to find Turn on fast startup, then uncheck this option.
- Then click Save changes to save and exit.
Method 2: Check for corrupted hard drive
- Open Run and type in cmd.
- Right click the option Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
- Allow administrator permission and type in the following command: chkdsk c: /f /r.
- Then press Enter. Then type Y to allow the check next time you start your computer.
- Restart your computer so Windows will perform a hard disk check. If found any problem, it will help you fix it.
Method 3: Update chipset driver
- Open Device Manager
- Find and expand the option IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
- Right click the controller with the name SATA ACHI in it and choose Properties.
- Make sure you have selected the correct controller, go to the Driver tab, then go to Driver Details.
- Check iaStorA.sys is listed as a driver. Then click OK to exit.
- Go back to the Properties window, then choose Update Driver… under Driver tab.
- Choose to Browse my computer for driver software. Select let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Select Standard SATA AHCI Controller from the list, and then press Next to continue and finish the process.
- Restart your computer and DPC Watchdog Violation Windows 10 Nvidia error will be solved.
Method 4: Reinstall display driver in safe mode
- Open Run and type in msconfig and press the Enter.
- Click Boot tab. Under Boot Options, check Safe boot and then choose Network.
- After that, click OK > Then choose Restart.
- You are in Safe Mode now.
- Then go to Device Manager. Find and expand the option Display adapters. Right click the display adapter that you have and choose Uninstall.
- Confirm, please check Delete the driver software for this device and click OK.
- Restart your computer and this will fix DPC Watchdog Violation Blue Screen of Death error.
We hope you liked our guide on How to Fix DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BlueScreen of Death Windows, DPC Watchdog Violation Windows 10 Nvidia and DPC Watchdog Error. Comment below if you need any help.