A JAR is a popular zip file format used to aggregate many Java class files and related metadata, resources. It is an archiving tool or file format that consists of all the components of executable Java application.
Such files can only be opened by specific means. Today we will mention some methods to run a Jar file on Windows 10. All of these methods are quick, easy, and reliable to use. So without any further delay, let’s get started.
How to run a Jar File?
Here are some methods that can be used to run a Jar file on Windows 10.
Method 1: Run Jar using Java
The first method to run a Jar file is by installing Java on your system. Here’s how you can install or update Java on Windows 10.
- Press Windows + R to open a command prompt(Admin).
- Next in the command prompt, type java-version, and hit Enter.
- It will display details of the latest version of Java and other information for the same.
- Now visit the official Java website and download the latest version of Java for your Windows 10.
- Follow on-screen instructions to install Java on your system.
- Finally, open your browser to verify Java is working on your Windows.
- Once Java is installed successfully, double-tap the Jar file, and it will run automatically.
Also Read: How To Extract Text From an Image
Method 2: Via Command Prompt
- Hit Windows + X keys and open Command Prompt(Admin).
- Now input java ‘-jar c:pathtojarfile.jar’
- Hit Enter.
- Next, replace c:pathtojarfile.jar with the actual path and file title you need to run.
- You can open the folder that includes Jar in cmd. Enter “cd \” followed by the directory.
- Then you can input java -jar file.jar without folder path.
Method 3: Use third-party Jar Executor
You can instead use a third-party Jar Executor to run a Jar file. Jarx is one of the widely used third-party Jar Executor tools to run a Jar file. Go to the official website and install it by clicking jarx.exe. You can run the Jar file using this tool.
Method 4: Install File Opener
There is plenty of versatile File Opener software that can be used to open any kind of file format. One such file opener tool is FileViewer Plus. This tool is a universal file opener that can open all types of file formats. Its updated version consists of a bunch of features that act as a full-fledged file editing, opening, and related companion.
Thank you for reading this article. If you need any help then comment below.