Social media platforms have changed our lives to a great extent. Today there are a variety of social media platforms with varied functionalities and services. Such apps help us connect with our friends and dear ones in the quickest manner.
Facebook is one of the most widely used social media platforms, among others. With approx more than 1.7 billion users around the world, Facebook usage accounts for 17% of the total global population. So it is quite a considerable number. Some Facebook users wonder how to recover permanently deleted Facebook messages.
A Guide to Recover Permanently Deleted Facebook Messages
Considering the vast number of Facebook users, many people must face this issue. So without any further delay, let’s get to know how to recover permanently deleted Facebook messages?
Method 1: Ask Recipient
The best way to get permanently deleted messages is to ask the recipient for the same message. When you delete your copy of the Facebook message, it doesn’t get deleted for the recipient until you delete it for everyone. But if you cannot ask the recipient for the message, consider other methods of recovery given further.
Method 2: Check Email notifications
If you have subscribed to Facebook email notifications, you are likely to get the deleted message on your email inbox. What you need to do is to follow these steps to check for this possibility.
- Open your mail account and type Facebook or keyword for your targeted Facebook chat.
- If you had subscribed for the same, you would surely spot the email for the same.
In case you were not subscribed to Facebook email notifications, you can try out other methods, as given below.
Method 3: Recover through cache
You can recover permanently deleted Facebook messages from the cache memory. If the message wasn’t removed before a long time, you could recover messages it this way. Here’s how?
- At first, download the file explorer for your device like ES File Explorer.
- Open the app and choose Data Folder.
- Find folders related to Facebook.
- Now choose the cache folder and located for the fb_temp folder.
- Extract the files you need, and you are good to go.
Recommended: How to See Who Views Your Instagram Profile
Method 4: Check Archived chats
You may have accidentally archived the Facebook message and consider it to be got deleted. So we recommend you to check your archived folder as well. You are likely to get the Facebook messages you are looking for. Go to Settings > Archived threads.
Bonus Tip: Backup Facebook Data
Here’s a bonus tip for you all. There are plenty of third-party apps that claim to recover your deleted Facebook messages in one go. But we don’t recommend such tools due to security concerns—the best way to never lose your Facebook messages is to keep a safe backup for the same.
How can I backup Facebook messages?
Follow these steps to back up Facebook messages.
- Open your Facebook account and go to Settings.
- Go to General and click the link of Download a copy of your Facebook data.
- Enter your email id, and then a copy of your entire Facebook data will be emailed to you, which can be downloaded anytime you want.