Fallout 4 is a game which was released in November 2015. This game is a post-apocalyptic action role-playing video game which was developed by Bethesda Game Studios. Fallout 4 was one of the best game in whole Fallout franchise know for its Gfx and story. Fallout 4 is available for Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms. Out of which 70% users are PC Gamers and rest others are console gamers. When this game was released it used to have many bugs and errors which were solved later in update. But there are some errors which cannot be solved automatically and we have fix it manually like Fallout 4 Crashes on Startup error. In this tutorial we are going to focus upon this error and we will show you how we can quickly solve fallout 4 crashing on startup error.
Check : Reinstall NVIDIA Drivers
If you are a big fan of Fallout game then I know how annoying it will be. I know you are eager to solve this problem as well as excited to play this awesome game. You just need to follow all the methods which we are going to mention below. Go through it step by step and your Fallout 4 Crash on Startup error will be solved in minutes.
How to Fallout 4 Crashes on Startup
We have seen many gamers reported the issue on official forum on Fallout game and there was not proper solution give there. So here we have posted multiple ways to fix this issues, if you are facing problem while launching the game then you don’t have to follow all the solutions. For many users, Method 1 has worked out but in case if it doesn’t work then you can go ahead and try other methods too.
Method 1: Disable Anti-Virus to Fix Fallout 4 Crashing
So here we are going to turn off or disable our system antivirus for few minutes or hours till the game doesn’t launch up. There can be chances where our third party antivirus software starts blocking this game to launch because it founds some malware code inside.
- Many antirvirus like Avast, Quick Heal, Bit Defender, etc are really easy to disable. All you have to do is go to settings and disable them for that period of time. Let me show you how we can do it.
- Move your cursor to Task Manager and there you have to click on “Show Hidden Icons“.
- Right click on Antivirus icon and then click on Temporary Disable Antivirus option.
- Now it will ask you for how much minutes or hours you want to disable the antivirus protection.
- Select one hour or Next Restart.
- Once the Antivirus is disabled, you can now easily launch the game. Make sure that you try to run the game as Administrator. So this is how we can solve Fallout 4 Crashes on Startup Problem.
Method 2: Adjust Mouse Acceleration
Misconfiguration of Mouse acceleration can also result in Fallout 4 Crashing on Startup. Many users have experience this problem and also there was thread on official forums of Fallout where people weren’t able solve it. So here in this method we have shown how you can configure the mouse acceleration to right settings.
- In very first step of this method we have to find Fallout 4 Configuration File. Just follow the path mentioned here: “C:\Users\username\Documents\My Games\Fallout4“
- Now find “Fallout4config” and edit it using Notepad or Notepad++ Text Editor.
- Once the file open, there you have locate “iPresentinterval” and change its value from 1 to 0. Do the same for Fallout4prefs” and “bForceIgnoreSmoothness” as shown in this image below.
- Save it using Ctrl+S button. Exit the file.
- Restart your system to make sure that settings are stored and changed.
- Launch the Game
Also Read: HyperX Cloud 2 Mic not Working in Windows
That’s it. This is how we can fix Fallout 4 Crashes on Startup issue. We have personally tested all the solutions written above. If your problem still doesn’t solve then you have to reinstall the game again and this might fix your issue or you can also try updating your Windows other softwares like DirectX and .Net Framework. If you guys face any problem while following the tutorial then please let us know in comments.